Monday, December 15, 2008

Another Clue On Why We Like Obama

In the January 2009 issue of Esquire magazine, New Mexico Governor and Commerce Secretary nominee Bill Richardson gives us another clue as to why so many Americans have been drawn to Barack Obama. Here's part of the interview in which Richardson, a Democratic presidential candidate this year, tells of Obama being a total gentleman and saving his butt during one of the primary debates:
As I'm chatting with Obama, the moderator says, "Governor Richardson, what do you think of that?" And I look at him like a deer in the headlights. I was about to say that I hadn't heard, when Obama puts his hand over his mouth and says, "Katrina." So I gave my four-point plan on Katrina. When I was done and the debate moved on, I looked over and said, "Thanks, you're okay." He said, "Nothing to it, brother."

It confirmed to me that this guy was something special.
There's an old saying about how the word integrity means doing the right thing when nobody is looking -- there you have it.